








The pictures above are some of the arts and crafts that they sell here. If you have a high level of interest in one of these things, let me know, and I will try to find out how much they cost (you have to make an offer), although I don't know how we'd transport most of this stuff without damaging it.
The little stone is a head rest that they use here in caskets. It's pretty old. One of the arts and crafts vendors that came to the compound was trying to sell it. He told me that it was real one, trying to show me how valuable it was, but I wasn't sure that I wanted to be a part of the grave-robbing industry. I think that this cost USD70.
The red box a wooden box that is covered with leather. I think that this was USD300.
The yellow chunks on a string is an amber necklace. Those are big chunks of amber. I think that the cost was USD$700.
The next two are another necklace, but this one is made of beads. I think that it cost a couple hundred.
6 comments:
Interesting stuff. How much to do you trust the vendors ... the other day on the news they reported that 50% of the American Indian crafts sold in New Mexico are not made by American Indians ... thanks for the pictures and info. --Dad
...well, even if you're not paying for me to come to Rome, I'm still excited to see you guys!
AND...that stuff sounds 'spensive! Remember I'm still driving a 1990 Honda Accord.
looks like a typical third world vendor trying to fleece the white people. If you tried i bet you could talk them down to $10 on the necklace. I got a "$160 hammock" for $30... Just sayin'
These look more like museum pieces to me!! Very fine arts and crafts. from V.
How come you don't do this anymore? You should call me tomorrow...we haven't chatted in a while...if I don't hear from you, I'll see if I can track your number down. (I know, I suck!)
Post a Comment