Sunday, August 23, 2009
Two weeks ago (the day Amber came home), I was at church waiting for the car behind me to leave. Now, we have church in a house, so there's not really a parking lot, and, of course, there's not that many people with cars. It belonged to someone from the stake, and it was really starting to annoy me, but I was trying to be patient. While I was waiting, one of the missionaries who is new to our area came up and starting talking to me. He told me he like my car. I didn't know what to say, so I said, "Thanks. I like it, too." Then he said, "Will you give it to me when you leave?" So then I really didn't know what to say, so I said, "I don't think so. It costs many years salary." Then he told me the story of President Heber J. Grant, who gave away his new coat that someone made for him to a man on the street that didn't have one. He reminded me that sacrifice was necessary for us to have charity. I didn't know how to argue with that, so I was honest with him, and I said, "I'm not that nice."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, it's late and I'm going to be with a smile on my face--thanks you your story. You are an honest man.
We're glad A and the kids made it home safely.
--WC
I never could have guessed how you were going to end that conversation! This is one for your journal - please add more for our reading pleasure. These people are so different!!
Love u 5.
Post a Comment