Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Trip to Ghana through Amber's eyes

This was a serious drop. The first bridge was a bit decieving because the trees were no more than one story below the bridge. The second bridge was a different story. Once R. got to the second platform she was scared. When I got there I'd had enough too. We stayed there and watched the others go on this third and last bridge then return before we all returned together. The longer we stood in that one place the easier it got to be up that high, but man was it a relief to be back on solid ground when it was over.

OK Check this girl out. We decided she must have been some tribal princess or something because she was so dressed up, and she was being escorted by a white guide (which the more I think about that it seems very odd.) Anyway she wanted a picture with Spencer! They were lined up to have her "person" take the picture, and she caught me out of the corner of her eye grabbing a shot of Spencer, the celebrity. Then she wanted our email address so we could send her a copy of ours. Royalty!Strike a pose!


I caught Spencer in a couple of cute expressions! Since he is usually on the other side of the camera I thought I'd share a view of Spencer that we usually don't see.

Hey-ya Sweetheart!

I'm not sure what to say. Something must have been funny. Probably the lady behind the camera.

6 comments:

liso. said...

oh, i love those last two pics of spencer! he rarely shows his {enormous} personality in pictures, so these are super sweet. sorry, spencer, but they are. sweet.

Melissa F said...

Your write-ups were so much better than mine. And you got cooler pictures. For some reason we weren't in a photography mood. I actually wish Spencer had gotten a picture of the lady on fire, but I'm not as respectful as my nice husband.

Anonymous said...

V. here...
I can really relate to not liking the heights above the trees. I would have waited with R. too.
That's why I chose to go to Disneyland and not to the scary rides at Great America. Things look very beautiful in Ghana. Don't they have high walks above the trees like these photos in Costa Rica too? Did A. go there?
Sp. seems as unimpressed by Royalty as he is with everything else. I hope he didn't yawn. This is so funny that she wanted her photo with some stranger. She is a very cute princess, though.
It looks like great fun on the beach. Are you glad you went. You saw so much.
I think Sp. looks like he is tired.
Love, V.

Anonymous said...

That's a good-looking woman standing next to Spencer. I hope he was thinking of you while standing next to her!

the gramma said...

Good to see the every-day life of Spencer - a no shave day! That's the way to enjoy life. Keep the blogs coming, I sure enjoy them and appreciate the time you take to post them. A suppose-to-be stormy night tonight.

blackstarmonkey said...

those bridges look fun, like the ewok villages. do people live up there, or what were the bridges built for?
did princess ghana speak english? she's got some major bling on.