Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Awesome Africa

After dropping kids at the bus this morning I stopped on the third floor to watch the rain poring down. I noticed two women walking by the compound dressed in what would qualify in my mind as "Sunday Best" with huge trays atop their heads loaded down with bread to sell for the day. I wondered if the bread tray made a good umbrella. Their skirts will get drenched. But they walk on, gracefully, unmoved by the torrent. I marvel at the uniqueness of the place where we live. I think, "Someday I will miss seeing street venders who carry their wares on their heads with solemn fortitude."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

V. here..It is wonderful when you experience those moments that are small but add so much to our lives. It is so easy to take many things for granted. Here's to many more observations.