1.) My baseball team, the Rockies, lost every game for the whole season until the last game. It was very depressing. During the last three games we started to substantially improve. By the last game, we got off to a great start, played good defense, and finally won the game. I did get into a bit of an argument with the other coach of which I am almost completely ashamed. Gabriel had two really good hits, ran the bases well, and helped make a couple outs. Most importantly, he played shortstop, even though he didn't want, because he was the only kid that could make the throw from short to first.
2.) Kilimanjaro with the love of my life (and Jill).
3.) Gabriel's basketball team beat the French school. I normally don't heckle 4th graders when they throw an airball, but I made an exception in this case. I am not ashamed of this at all.
4.) Gabriel scored a basket in his first basketball game.
5.) Winning my first tennis game in which I was serving in Thursday night doubles.
6.) Watching every episode of every season of X-Files.
7.) Gabriel earned his Webelos badge. It wasn't easy. For any of us.
8.) Visiting the Normandy beaches and the Cotenin peninsula.
9.) Kimberly's 4 gold medals in gymnastics.
10.) Staying at the B&B in Valognes, France while we visited the Normandy beaches.
11.) Visiting Obudu Cattle Ranch in Calabar State. A completely different Nigeria from the one we see in Lagos.
12.) We talked to one of the chaperone's for Kimberly's Switzerland trip at a party. He had nothing but wonderful things to say about her.
4 comments:
X-Files aside, this is quite an impressive list. It has been quite a year.
V. here... I laughed and I cried...
I laughed so hard at no. 3. And I'm sure at some point in my adult life I will be in the same situation.
how do you differentiate one amazing year from another? don't you get the year you went to germany confused with the year you went to italy? rough.
Post a Comment