We went camping at Mobil Beach. This was our first campout that wasn't on a compound. We had to bring security with us. I had to give them jackets because they weren't told that they were going to have to spend the night. They were very disappointed when I asked for my jacket back at the end.
Yen Choi was the Indian that lit the fire at the Arrow of Light ceremony. He asked me what Indians do when they light the fire. As an authentic Indian, I was able to explain it to him. Unfortunatley, I must not have explained it very well, because it was a bit of a mix of the Tazmanian Devil and Madonna dancing.
3 comments:
V. here...Congratulations , Boy Scout Gabriel and already a merit badge. What a beautiful place to camp. looks pretty perfect. Yen Choi made a rockin fire. From the way you described it, I think his dance was rockin too. And I like the fire eater-chair balancer entertainment. All in all excellent boy scout memories. Must have great leaders.
Looks like a textbook fire, perfect form. Are you the firemaster?
It must be a different sensation laying in the tent listening to the waves rather than crickets chirping. Looks like a great place to camp. Gabriel is a lucky guy.
Thanks for posting the pics. --WC
I'm curious to hear your directions for lighting the fire. You know, from an authentic Indian.
Back on track, though - Congrats to Gabriel - hope he has many more authentic Indian fires ahead of him!
Post a Comment