On the way home. I was looking for the VIP lounge, afterall, my frequent flyer miles ought to be worth something, but I couldn't find it. After a 30 minute flight back to Maun, a two-hour flight to Jo'berg, a 24-hr layover and a trip to the biggest mall that I've ever seen, it was back to the airport for a six hour flight to Lagos, then a two hour bus ride home. We came home the night before an election, and we were out past the 10PM curfew. The army was out in force stopping all traffic, so the guards had to get out and handle the situation. The first thing they said was, "Hey, let us through. These are Mobil expats." Heckuva way to handle it.
Friday, May 6, 2011
On the way home. I was looking for the VIP lounge, afterall, my frequent flyer miles ought to be worth something, but I couldn't find it. After a 30 minute flight back to Maun, a two-hour flight to Jo'berg, a 24-hr layover and a trip to the biggest mall that I've ever seen, it was back to the airport for a six hour flight to Lagos, then a two hour bus ride home. We came home the night before an election, and we were out past the 10PM curfew. The army was out in force stopping all traffic, so the guards had to get out and handle the situation. The first thing they said was, "Hey, let us through. These are Mobil expats." Heckuva way to handle it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you almost convinced us to come to Africa, but not without the VIP lounge
Post a Comment