We went to see the falls first. Pretty cool. It was a mini-rain forest in the middle of the desert. You can see the mist plume while you're still a long ways away in the plane. One the plane we sat next to a guy who had just finished the Port Elizabeth IronMan.
The next day we went on the rides. I know it could be anybody, but that little dot is Gabriel. On his first "attempt", he couldn't quite get himself off the edge, but after an hour of contemplation, he went right off the edge.
This is just a picture of the river. No need to look for any dots. Amber and I did the "Gorge Swing" and went all the way from the top to the bottom in about three seconds. I also did the bungee jump, which was pretty good. The Gorge Swing was from a cable across the canyon that you can't see. The bungee was from Victoria Falls bridge, which you can kind of see in the background. The rides were great. We yelled all the way down, then took another breath of air, then kept yelling until we finally got all the way to the bottom.
Amber was very excited to go on an elephant-backed safari. I was just stiff. I wish I had gone on a skinnier elephant.
No comments:
Post a Comment