Friday, May 18, 2012

Since the amis choir

           Hey this is Kimberly, sorry I haven't broken into the blog in a while I have been extremely busy. So just a brief summary on what I have done since then.

            Immediately after the Choir trip I had to start practicing for my AMIS band in Germany.
            Then it was almost spring break so I had to pack and get prepared to miss a week of school (we took an extra week of vacation during spring break)
             Then when we got back from spring break I only had one week to do all the makeup work and get the makeup work for my AMIS band trip.
              Then I was gone for another week in germany.
              After I got back a major project started. It is a science/english project. So the grade goes in both subjects. The project is on issues in Nigeria. So first we had to research a bunch of issues and relate them to the Millennium Development Goals (the UN). Then we had to choose an issue to do a Public service anouncementon. but before we did the PSA we had to write an essay about why we choose the issue we did. Then we did the PSA and it could only be 30 seconds long and had to include like 5 facts and it had to persuade you to do something and you had to be creative (Everyone failed it). Then once we were done with that we had to write about steps we would take to solve the issue (6 steps). Then what we are working on now is our reflection where we have to say what we did, what we learned, what we did well, and what we would change. No one in my grade understands any of it because are english teacher is being to vague.
               Then on top of this I also have been doing my bookshare for english. It is basically a book report. We read a book (mine was The Night Circus), write a summary, connections with the book, a description of the main character, and who we would recommend it to. Then we have to do a three to five minute presentation on it with a visual.  Anyway my book share presentation was today!!! I am finally done!!  and my presentation was 4 minutes and 59 seconds!!!!!! I am so glad to be done with that.

                                                                               This is my PSA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly-- We really enjoyed reading your post--we like your writing style! Entertaining and engaging. You must be good and time management with all the projects going on. Good luck with everything. --Wayne and Vickie