Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Soap

This is ________ (guess who) Hint: I'm the only person who ever updates this blog 


Today I made soap. I didn't actually make it. I designed it! Fun! I have been doing this all day. See last christmas I got a a soap making kit from my aunt and I decided to do it. here are the results.
All of these started out as a block of either clear or white soap. Then I melted them, dyed them, made them shiny, scented them, cut them, shaped them, froze them, mixed them etc. etc. etc. 


 Now for the close ups:



It broke :(


The bottom of this looks a lot like the one below

The top of this one looks a lot like the one above

Lemons

I love eating lemons and these looked so good I just had to eat them

swirly


The heart was an accident. I didn't even notice till my mom pointed it out to me after I was done

I also made one yesterday that was striped dark blue and light blue but I gave it to my grandparents. 

I don't think I have any germs on my hand because a) I have been dealing with soap all day b) I can't stand the feeling of dry soap on my hand for very long so I was always washing them to get the soap off  c) I have washed the same two dishes about 20 times today. (every soap bar needed it like 2-3 times, and it had to be clean each time). 

The soap should look better once it has been used a little (should, it could also fall apart after a few uses, but I doubt that will happen)
by: KC


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are using the soap you made to wash our hands before preparing meals--we assume this is real soap. Your designs are quite appealing and add a nice touch to the kitchen. This hobby may not pay for college but it sounds like you will have clean hands and dish. Thanks for the gift --wc and vw