Thursday, July 24, 2008

My first post (ever)

It's Thursday night. I am sitting at my laptop (which doesn't have wireless access, so I guess that it's really a desktop), trying to catch up to everyone's else's mad computer skills. I just finished watching the 18th stage of the TdeF. Very exciting.
I'm also eating a big bowl of pineapple and mangos. The pineapples are so good that you just eat the core. It was supposed to be our dessert, but we decided to save it for later. Now it's later, and everyone else has gone to bed. I had another tennis lesson today. I've been doing that twice a week. I'm getting tired of my coach, though, so I only scheduled another lesson for next Thursday. He makes me do a lot of drills, like practicing "mooing towars da bal", and some of these drills don't even involve hitting the ball. I think that he enjoys making white people run around and swing at imaginary balls.
I'm going to try to find someone else for Tuesday nights.
Also, I received my first package today. A few days after we got here, I plugged in my iHome. The transformer was so big, I figured that it could handle (Mangos are delicious) 220V with no problem, so I didn't even check the transformer on it. Oops. It started smoking. So, I tried to order one from the UK that would have the right plug, but they didn't have any. So I had to order one from the US, so to run my iHome it takes a.) an adapter from UK to European plug, then, b.) a step-down transformer from 220V to 110V, and only then can I plug in my stupid iHome. Still, it's very exciting to have an alarm clock. We haven't had one since we got here. Luckily, we live right by a road, and Nigerians love to honk their horns, and I have a small bladder, so I'm up at 5:30, no problem.

4 comments:

liso. said...

hmmm, small bladder. something i never really knew about you...

i think Dad will like the color change. I don't think he could see the text very well because it was too similar.

Lanelle said...

sounds like that ihome has come in very handy!

Spencer T said...

I'm so glad you guys finally did something to let us see what you're up to. Kelly uses our blog kind of like a journal. It'll be nice to keep up.

Anonymous said...

Hi, who is taking tennis lessons? Sp or Am? Maybe the tennis teacher doesn't have tennis balls and so he wants you to still practice. You know - like Professor Hill on The Music Man!!!! love, vickie