Monday, February 8, 2010

Today I feel terrible...

Yesterday, G and I went on a sleep over, to my friend, L's house. Now, I know that some people think that 35 is too old for a sleep over, and that may be true, but last night G and I drove to L's house. L, who works for the government, has access to the Armed Forces Network, and I wanted to watch the Superbowl. I took Gabriel so that I would feel like I was watching the Superbowl and being a good father. We went to sleep about 9:30 or 10:00, then L. kicked me awake about 12:10. We went downstairs and sat in front of the tv. It took about fifteen minutes before my head stopped hurting and I could think. Then, I went up and woke up G. He came downstairs, and I think that it took about fifteen minutes before his head stopped hurting. We ate a bunch of cookies that were delicious (thanks, M.), and watched the first quarter. I think that we were all hoping that it would be a blowout so that we could go back to bed. But it wasn't, so we had steaks during half-time. Finally, around 4:00, we got back in bed and went to sleep.
About 6:30, L. woke me up with his banging around the house, and I got up, loaded everything in the car, then L. left at 6:40 to catch the ferry across the river and I carried/dragged G. to the car and drove back, in time to get home at 7:10, shower, and get to work by 7:30. Needless to say, this wasn't the most productive day that I've ever had at work.
Amber was subbing for a teacher that was out, so Gabriel stayed home for the day and slept until noon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a game at 6 o'clock Sunday evening, but never considered whether it was worth watching at 4 o'clock in the morning. You are dedicated! What did G. think of the whole thing?

the gramma said...

The big question is-----and I think I know the answer. WOULD U DO IT AGAIN??

Anonymous said...

V. here... You sure do have to go to a lot of work to have fun there.