
First day of school. Everyone is sporting their new school uniforms. That is a first for us at our new school. We wear these three times a week and P. E. uniforms twice a week. P. E. uniforms consist of black or navy athletic shorts and a white T-shirt.

R's first day of kindergarten. This is where we catch the bus on the compound by the playground.

Right outside R's classroom. This school has an open-air courtyard. The rooms are all along the outside edge. The other day I went up the stairs to the third floor for the second time in about 15 minutes. I started feeling a little toasty. It was then that I realized that when the kids aren't in their classrooms they are not in the air-conditioning. Going "out" into the hall really means going outside.

R. sitting at her desk on the first day of school. You can't tell she's excited, can you? She is in the back corner by the teacher's desk. Her teacher is sooo nice.
5 comments:
If I didn't know better, I'd think she was going to school in H based on the background of the pictures. Thanks for the descriptions of what is going on ... you ought to be a professional writer!
She does look VERY excited! That's great! We're loving all the pictures! thanks
Dear R. You are getting so big. You will do great in school!!I like your uniform and I am so glad you have a gret teacher. she will love you. love Gramma V
...everyone is getting so big! it's been way too long since we've seen you guys...i can't wait!
how crazy to start your first day of kindergarten in another country...? she looks like she'll have fun, tho!
G--I love your glasses! Aunt Nelle
Post a Comment