Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our new piano

I bought this piano from another ex-pat family that is leaving next week.  Their driver grabbed six guys to help out.  By the time some of the other drivers/off-duty guards saw what was going on, we had ten guys helping.  Gary, the guy I bought it from, told me I should send them away.  I let them stay.  I decided it was cheap insurance.  Another couple bucks to keep from dropping a $3000 piano seemed like a good idea, especially after we almost dropped it.  Those things are heavy.  How do you move them when you can’t hire ten guys?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I happened across your blog... it is actually very neat, you see, I am also LDS, and it was just neat to see another members family and experiences. Good luck in Nigeria. Best wishes!

liso. said...

oooh! a. must love that!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Family:
We are sooooo happy u can have a piano to hone your musical sides. We love to hear you sing!!

Love - Vickie & Fayeqbcueyx

Spencer T said...

you know you can make you blog unsearchable so that people like comment #1 up there can't find you. Also, there's an option to mediate comments where they all go to your email and you decide whether or not to post them.

Blog Archive